Charges - Motoring Offences
Under SRA guidelines we are required to provide price transparency for a number of sectors that we provide.
Crime – Motoring Offences
We try to work on a fixed fee basis for most motoring offences, however this can vary based on a number of factors, however we can estimate that matters for a guilty plea can range from between £250 to £1000 plus VAT. The price includes:
- Considering evidence
- Providing advice in relation to plea and likely sentence
- Where you cannot anticipate the likely sentence, advice on the options available to the court in relation to sentencing
- Where appropriate, advice on whether an exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument should be made
- Representation at a single hearing
This would not include:
- sourcing expert reports
- taking statements from, and examination of witnesses
- advising on an appeal
Example (fixed fee)
Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee £350 plus VAT
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court (based on a court within a 25 mile radius of our office).
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
If you wish to instruct us on an hourly rate, our fee ranges from £150 to £250 per hour plus VAT; this depends on who deals with your matter, how complex, time estimate and location. This would not be inclusive of travel, mileage or disbursements (which may include expert reports).
We would need to assess your case before we are able to give a more accurate time and cost estimate.